Jzakiya, you are absolutely right when you say

> the only limits of what you can provide in documentation are self imposed

and I also agree that, in general, there is a lot of space to improve nim
documentation since there are lots of parts that are undocumented in practice
(or at least assume the reader already knows the subject), nimscript is just an
example. I may guess this is just the result of the fact the there is no
company with eight-digits revenues backing nim development, it's far easier to
find someone who codes for fun than someone who writes documentation when is
not paid for it. That said, when I pointed you to the doc of formatFloat proc
you posted a this two liner program

    let num = 10.123456789
    echo( formatFloat(num) )

to which the compiler yells

> in.nim(3, 7) Error: undeclared identifier: 'formatFloat'

which has nothing to do with the usage of the formatFloat proc, it is instead a
problem with nim module system which is part of the very basics of the
language, which is documented (I will not push myself to say "well-documented",
but still it is documented) in nim's
[manual](https://nim-lang.org/docs/manual.html), a document I strongly advise
you to carefully read. You say you're used to Ruby, which also has a module
system, I can't believe that a message like 'undeclared identifier' didn't get
you to think that you missed a dependency. I don't know anything of Rust, if I
wanted to start using it I would first read the documentation or at least some
tutorial about the language, I would not write

    System.out.printf << 'hello world'

and then rush to the forum asking why it does not compile