> The Docs really need to get better by showing clear examples like this for
> just about everything. It took way too long for me to search and not even
> find this, and had to resort to asking how to do this here.

When I go to

[https://nim-lang.org/docs/theindex.html](https://nim-lang.org/docs/theindex.html)

and search for "format" there are too many hits but eventually I arrive at
"formatFloat". When I search for "formatFloat" I find what is suggested here,
if I search for "floatformat" I get a hit to FloatFormatMode pointing me to
strutils which contains "formatFloat". The docs say

    proc formatFloat(f: float; format: FloatFormatMode = ffDefault;
                    precision: range[0 .. 32] = 16; decimalSep = '.'): string

At this point you need to be able to read Nim's type signatures. More examples
for this proc would be nice indeed but I don't see how they would have helped
you in finding the proc in the first place.

> just about everything

We have `theindex.html` that contains links to just about everything. It didn't
seem to have helped you. As I keep saying, there are limits to what we can do
about the fact that people do not read text on the screen.

I just did the same for Python:

Starting at [https://docs.python.org/3](https://docs.python.org/3)/ I go to
[https://docs.python.org/3/genindex.html](https://docs.python.org/3/genindex.html)
 then to