Hello Howard,

Check /etc/sysconfig/network and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/.

I have been using CentOS on some stuff for a while, but not the desktop
version.  If I was guessing I would not be surprised if they are using
something in the way of NetworkManager, which I have found to be a very
evil problem in the past.

I forget what I installed on the laptop as an alternative, but I got
really tired of fixing the problems (which are most likely now fixed) in
the NetworkManager program.

Dave