On 10/15/2010 11:19 AM, Chris McQuistion wrote:
It's my mistake.  I'm the one who approved them in the moderator panel.  I
saw that they were jobs and didn't pay too much attention beyond that (they
are IT-related jobs.)

I suppose there probably ought to be a line for the kind of job posting that
we consider appropriate on this list.  I'm not sure where that line is.  I
lean a little toward the lenient side of posting these kinds of things.

What do you all think? Should we only allow Tennessee-based postings? Only
Linux/Open-Source based postings?

Chris

I'd suggest that any job postings should come from people with a prior relationship to the list. Either nlug members who have contacts with recruiters or, possibly, recruiters who have dealt with list members before and who would know what was appropriate. That was, hopefully common sense and, if required, a little community correction can occur.

--
*Richard Thomas Consulting*
301 Murrel St