From: nlug-talk@googlegroups.com [mailto:nlug-t...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Michael Chaney
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2010 11:44 AM
To: nlug-talk@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [nlug] OBIEE Lead - Columbus, OH - v...@javaji.com

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Chris McQuistion
<cmcquist...@watkins.edu> wrote:
> So I'm guessing that you're comfortably employed?
> A lot of our member are unemployed or looking for a better gig.  I
> always thought job postings to this list were actually pretty
> valuable, so long as they are relevant to our members.

The issue is that if you allow recruiters to post you'll quickly end up
with the list traffic being majority job postings, many or most that
aren't located in this area.  That tends to drive people off the list and
ends up in a death spiral.

The best solution is a separate list called "nlug-jobs" that people who
are in the market could subscribe to.  But I would suggest moderation of
the list regardless.

Michael
--
Michael Darrin Chaney, Sr.