On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Chris McQuistion
<cmcquist...@watkins.edu> wrote:
> So I'm guessing that you're comfortably employed?
> A lot of our member are unemployed or looking for a better gig.  I always
> thought job postings to this list were actually pretty valuable, so long as
> they are relevant to our members.

The issue is that if you allow recruiters to post you'll quickly end
up with the list traffic being majority job postings, many or most
that aren't located in this area.  That tends to drive people off the
list and ends up in a death spiral.

The best solution is a separate list called "nlug-jobs" that people
who are in the market could subscribe to.  But I would suggest
moderation of the list regardless.

Michael
--
Michael Darrin Chaney, Sr.