Dear Ethan,

Just a caution when comparing model-based AUCs with NCA calculated AUCs. If you
have done your modeling using log-transformation of observations and model
predictions and then compared AUCs on the linear scale, you should not expect a
perfect agreement between the two. The reason is that the mean of an
exponentiated distribution of epsilons is not the same as the median, but
higher. Thus, the AUCs of model-predicted individual profiles will be expected
to be lower than either simulated or observed. The magnitude of the difference
will depend on the residual error magnitude and will typically be:

%RV      expected AUC difference

10           0.50%

20           2%

30           5%