On Monday, April 2, 2012 11:22:45 PM UTC-5, Mark Hahn wrote:

> > JavaScript has a lot of baggage thanks to 20 years of crap browsers,
>
> Your trolling isn't really working.  Why did you change your name since
> the OP?

Apparently threading isn't working, because I can't tell what you are
reacting to or for sure who.

The stance that node is based on Javascript and there's no cause to change
that is, I believe, reasonable.  We'd have to see real demonstrable limits
on node-based applications stemming from the *language*.  As plenty can be
done as-is, let's utilize what we've got until a problem forces change.
Even then, that would simply be a reason for developing a new platform,
with another language as basis, and perhaps trying to re-use things like
libuv or even v8, though I don't know how.

That said, Mark, there are legitimate beefs with Javascript, though not
anywhere near crippling.  Regular expression support is not close to where
Perl and other languages have gotten to years ago.  And the Unicode
situation "We defined it as UTF-16 then and that's good enough forever"!
Javascript not being able to handle the same coding (UTF8) that (modern)
browsers can handle makes me despair.  But not terminally.

The original posting seemed like a legitimate query, if misdirected by not
understanding the linkages between node, Javascript, v8, and usability
(which is very fine thank you).  I read it as wistful wishful thinking.
How did you end up with trolling?