personally i would like to see javascript get proper support for 64 bit
numbers and would like to see node.js/v8 with better support for processing
binary data. from the testing i have done, it's a major bottleneck when
compared with c# or java.

JSON.stringify/parse is still very slow for serialisation of js objects
(understandably so) and would be good to see some way of sharing/passing
objects efficiently between processes.

would also be good to see libuv and the c++ parts of node.js be able to
fully support multi threading and isolates somewhere down the line. is not
something i'm particularly interested in right now, but i can see why
people keep bringing it up.