On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 18:30, billywhizz <apjohn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> personally i would like to see javascript get proper support for 64 bit
> numbers and would like to see node.js/v8 with better support for processing
> binary data. from the testing i have done, it's a major bottleneck when
> compared with c# or java.

Yes. It's something we're working on or at least thinking about.
Consider it an ongoing effort.

> JSON.stringify/parse is still very slow for serialisation of js objects
> (understandably so) and would be good to see some way of sharing/passing
> objects efficiently between processes.

Ditto, except for object passing. Non-scientific sampling (IRC, ML,
the bug tracker) suggests that object passing is not a bottleneck - or
even an issue - to most people.

> would also be good to see libuv and the c++ parts of node.js be able to
> fully support multi threading and isolates somewhere down the line. is not
> something i'm particularly interested in right now, but i can see why people
> keep bringing it up.

Those people simply haven't seen the light that's process isolation.
Don't worry, it will come to them.