On 5/15/2018 8:15 AM, Christoph Reller wrote:
On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 12:53 AM, <ntg-context-requ...@ntg.nl> wrote:

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 23:26:28 +0200
From: Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl>
         users <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Subject: Re: [NTG-context] roadmap

On 5/14/2018 9:36 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
Hi Hans, thank you so much!

Keep up the good work!

* PDF/* (X, A, UA - probably only reasonable with external tools, but it seems
like there’s not a lot that’s usable)

we support various formats (to some extend the backend even adapts to
it) ... tagged pdf ... already there for quite a while but i never had
any demand for it so i never really check the current state (also
because imo it's a it weird feature ... only there because publishers
don't want to distribute sources that are suitable for rendering
variations ... so we're stuck with some pseudo structure related to
visuals)

(i might upgrade tagging and exports as they closely relate but it's not
easy to get motivated for something that one has no real use for so at
most it will cold winter evening stuff)

To us, tagged PDF is important. Specifically, for PDF/A with
compliance level a, tagging is mandatory. ConTeXt is the only (!)
TeX-based PDF creation suite that can produce correct and reliable
tagging.

Our company is producing (and weekly updating) 67 manuals and
technical documents from more than 900 ConTeXt source files for our
software products. The output PDFs are converted to PDF/A-2a, which is
only possible due to ConTeXt's tagging.

 From what we hear of our customers, PDF/A level a and PDF/UA are
becoming increasingly important, be it because of archiving issues or
because of legislation requirements. So please, maintain this
invaluable feature!
Ah, it's good to hear that it's working ok. (Of course it is/will be maintained ... it's just that because I don't need it myself it's up to folks like you to check if it's ok.)