Dear all,

> - Check what additional features users want (miss) and decide to what
extent and with what priority we will put effort in this.

As asked, I add a wish to the list...

One feature which I depend a lot on is to be able to do animations: I
actually use the Raw Steps module, by David Munger (dated from 2006), which
still worked, but in MKII only. This is essential for me for my teaching
and talks. During teaching, I have designed courses notes in ConText using
a lot modes of context: the notes are different for the teacher, are
available in two formats for the students (paper and for completion on
tablets), and there is a last version for use in the class by me. In class,
this is essential for me that the material is presented by steps, otherwise
students have a tendency to not listen, or to not try to solve a problem is
the solution is already on the screen. I can not use the animation
tools available in ConTexT using javascript, since I use to show notes in
class an iPad, and I use the stylus to fill blanks present in the notes
(which work great by the way !). The facility to use modes in the courses
notes like this have convinced several of my colleagues to use ConTeXt for
their teaching needs.

Following threads on this list on animations, my understanding is that Hans
is not a great supporter of the method of animations in the Raw Steps
module, for technical reasons.

I have switch to MKIV for others documents, but I'm still on MKII for this
reason for my courses notes, which are 90% one my needs in TeX.
Fabrice.