Hi all,

I suggested to a friend, who is using plain TeX and LaTeX, to switch to
ConTeXt, and since he is using TeXShop on MacOSX with a version of TeXLive2020
(named MacTeX2020), I thought he would just typeset a simple test document with
the option « ConTeXt (LuaTeX) » from the menu in TeXShop, where it does appear.

Unfortunately when doing this all he gets in the log file is:

/sw/bin/init.csh: No such file or directory.
mtxrun          | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

and I could not help him make the format (I do not have access to his machine,
and I was trying to explain what to do on the phone).

He cannot (or does not want) to install a standalone version of ConTeXt, and he
thinks that since ConTeXt exists in TeXLive2020 it should work out of the box,
as do plain TeX and LaTeX. My opinion is that he is right… But since for the
tim ebeing this is not the case, can anyone explain what to do in order to
enable ConTeXt running from TeXLive2020?

Thanks in advance for any help: Otared K.