Hi Hans and Taco,

Thanks for the help!
Doing
        context --make
results in
        mtxrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'

Doing
        mtxrun --generate
results in the lines (and much more):

resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTOLOC' set to
'/opt/local/libexec/texlive/binaries'
resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTODIR' set to
'/opt/local/libexec/texlive'
resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTOPARENT' set to
'/opt/local/libexec'
resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXMFCNF' set to ''
resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXMF' set to ''
resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXOS' set to 'texlive'
resolvers       | resolving |
resolvers       | resolving | using configuration specification
'home:texmf/web2c;/opt/local/etc/texmf'
resolvers       | resolving |
resolvers       | resolving | looking for regular 'texmfcnf.lua' on given path
'/Users/kavian/texmf/web2c' from specification 'home:texmf/web2c'
resolvers       | resolving | looking for regular 'texmfcnf.lua' on weird path
'/opt/local/etc/texmf' from specification '/opt/local/etc/texmf'
resolvers       | resolving | found regular configuration file
'/opt/local/etc/texmf/texmfcnf.lua'

The directory
        /opt/local/libexec/texlive/binaries
exists and contains  (among other things) « context » which is a symlink to
        /opt/local/share/texmf-texlive/scripts/context/stubs/unix/context
which does not exist…

Best regards: Otared