> Am 10.08.2020 um 12:03 schrieb Otared Kavian <ota...@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I suggested to a friend, who is using plain TeX and LaTeX, to switch to
> ConTeXt, and since he is using TeXShop on MacOSX with a version of
> TeXLive2020 (named MacTeX2020), I thought he would just typeset a simple test
> document with the option « ConTeXt (LuaTeX) » from the menu in TeXShop, where
> it does appear.
>
> Unfortunately when doing this all he gets in the log file is:
>
> /sw/bin/init.csh: No such file or directory.
> mtxrun          | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'
>
> and I could not help him make the format (I do not have access to his
> machine, and I was trying to explain what to do on the phone).

The TeXshop engine file says:

# Before using this engine, you must run the following command once in
Terminal: luatools --generate

I probably did this when I installed TeXLive.

But I’m a little irritated by /sw/bin/.
Is this a real MacTeX installation and not something like homebrew?

Let’s start with the simple things:

What is the result of:
which context

it should be:
/Library/TeX/texbin/context

If that doesn’t work try:

which pdflatex

The result is probably not

/Library/TeX/texbin/pdflatex

but should give some indication where to look.

There may be an old installation of MacTeX without Context somewhere in the
path.

If this is an old TeXShop installation, the Context engine may need an update
because it points to the old PATH.
Simply copy the engine from ~/Library/TeXShop/Engines/inactive/ConTeXt to
~/Library/TeXShop/Engines

Hope this helps
Axel