No, not all category leaders are good at customer service. As MBS has
pointed out, those who have monopoly grants from the government often
prosper without customer service. Those who offer retail Internet
connectivity (often WISPs), have customer service as a differentiator -
sometimes it's their only differentiator, because they're shut out by law
from string cable/fiber, and can only occupy a small niche, usually well
outside of a metropolitan market.

As well, I'm fairly sure not all companies with good customer service are
category leaders, though I think that's more often true in smaller markets
- but if I were to run across such a company, I'd probably prefer to buy
their stock, and would definitely give them my custom.

However, in most free(ish) markets, category leaders are often, though not
always, very good at customer service. It probably depends a lot on the
market in question.

Take groceries, for example. My wife and I don't shop at the large
corporate chain stores that are local to me (Albertsons, QFC, Safeway,
etc.).  We shop at a smaller locally owned store, where they have very good
service, and a really good selection - not just the basics, but nice stuff
that it's hard to find at the large chains that focus on the lowest price
at the cost of service and selection. Their prices where I shop are usually
within a percent of the large stores. For me (and obviously a fair number
of other people, as the store is doing well), customer service wins.

Kurt