My opinions to your questions.
1. For now that should get you by. The best thing to do is set it all up and
do some performance monitoring on it for a week or two. Get your average
load and go from there.

2. Don't really understand what your saying here. However you don't have to
use Outlook to connect to exchange. Any email client capable of using LDAP
can connect an exchange server.

3. Same as #2

Hardware setup is crucial and must be well thought out before you put the
system into production. I would listen to the advice another poster gave
about using 2 raid arrays.
I have the exact same setup ( system - Raid 1, data - Raid 5). Do you self a
favor and buy an extra drive for the data array and set it up as a hot
spare, drives are cheap.

Also, how did you decide to upgrade to XP? Unless your a beta tester how did
you evaluate the OS. Make sure you really understand XP and what
advantages/disadvantages (regworm) come with it before making a finial
decision.

Matt Wehnes
System Administrator
Morton Machining & MFG