Billyboy-
     I did a little research on Holaday before I posted my comments.  They
have 100 employees in the heart of Minnesota, they manufacture printed
circuit boards, and their web page was created using Microsoft Frontpage
4.0.  I understand where your frustrated comments are coming from, because
I understand where YOU are coming from as a systems administrator.
However, I find it very difficult to take advice from someone whos very
existence is dependant upon the particular company whose software they're
pushing.  In the high-glamour world of MCSEs, the "needs or potential email
usage patterns" speech sounds great.  In the real world, assumptions are
made, budgets are undercut, and profits increase.  This, Billy, is called
business.  And business is why you wake up in the morning.  Now to someone
with all those acronyms after their name, this might not make sense.  You
are also going to have to understand that whoever is in charge of the IT
budget at this company is not about to shell out money for a new server to
run Exchange when they can use the old one to run Domino.
     As to the "people" who prefer Outlook over Lotus Notes...where do I
begin?  I suppose I must start, again, with the acronyms following your
name.  Billy, if you had a Novell Certification, you'd be ranting and
raving about Groupwise.  Just because you went to 236 classes, read the
whitepages, AND subscribe to TechNet does not mean that Exchange provides
the best of anything.  It just means that your job DEPENDS on it.

"Lefkovics, William" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 09/07/2001 12:14:46 PM

Please respond to "NT System Admin Issues"
      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>