On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Greg Sweers <gswe...@acts360.com> wrote:
> All of the articles were referring to Glue issues with DNS R2
> and the solve was to add forwarders per MS articles.

  Are these DNS servers acting as the authoritative nameservers for
publicly reachable domain names?  If not, then glue records shouldn't
matter.  Glue just lets other DNS resolvers find your own
authoritative nameservers when your authoritative nameservers are
authoritative for their own names.

  Or do you mean "root hints"?

> We have used the FIOS local DNS, several different public, 4.2.2.1 and .2 are
> just what we left it on at the moment.

  Have you tried removing the forwards entirely?  I.e., just let your
DNS servers find and query the root servers directly.

> We have used the FIOS local DNS, several different public, 4.2.2.1
> and .2 are just what we left it on at the moment.  Very valid points,
> and I completely agree.  We just use them for testing in situations
> like this.

  Understood.  :)

-- Ben