From: Ben Scott [mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 11:31 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: OT - ugh!

  In my personal experience, I haven't seen any correlation between any
degree/certification and actual aptitude/knowledge/value.  They're certainly
not less likely, but don't appear to be significantly more, either.

  I have, however, seen correlation between degree/certification and hiring/pay.

  I suspect this is mainly because it's easier to quantify.  "Does he have a
degree?" is an easier question to answer than "How good is he?"