I thought you said in another post that you were self-employed.  You never
mentioned anything about working for the United States Government.

From: Webster [mailto:webs...@carlwebster.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 5:07 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Who in your org creates server shares?

We submit a Change Request Form that goes to a sub committee to study the
ramifications of the change.  THe sub committee breaks into study groups to
come up with the proper implementation, DR, rollback and backup plans.  Once
all four sub committees have had their finding published in a peer reviewed
internal Sharepoint site, then the committee meets.  During the meeting all
sides present their views and a thumbs-up or thumbs-down decision is reached.
If the decision is thumbs-up, then the Change Request Form is submitted to the
IT Managers committee for review.

The IT managers committee breaks into sub committees to review the
implementation, DR, rollback and backup plans.  Once all four sub committees
have had their finding published in a Management Level peer reviewed internal
Sharepoint site, then the IT Managers committee meets again.  During the
meeting all sides present their views and a thumbs-up or thumbs-down decision
is reached.  If the decision is thumbs-up, then the Change Request Form is
submitted to the IT Directors committee for review.

The IT Directors committee breaks into sub committees to review the
implementation, DR, rollback and backup plans.  Once all four sub committees
have had their finding published in a Directors Level peer reviewed internal
Sharepoint site, then the IT Directors committee meets again.  During the
meeting all sides present their views and a thumbs-up or thumbs-down decision
is reached.  If the decision is thumbs-up, then the Change Request Form is
submitted to the CIO for approval.

If the CIO approves, the share is created.  If the CIO disapproves, go back to
the beginning or find a better place to work.

Time to get the share approved and created is 9 months.

Carl Webster

Consultant and Citrix Technology Professional

http://www.CarlWebster.com<http://www.carlwebster.com/>