I've made the case with the local vendor that we need to buy a motherboard
that can be built across many machines, for many months.  They've agreed to
make it happen as best as they could (technology changes.)  Plus, they gave
us the hard drive image on DVD so we could image them ourselves if needed.

While I can understand the standardization issue, what doesn't make sense
is to buy a hundred computers, then two years later, buy the exact same
motherboard for sake of standardization.  At that point you're buying old
technology.

Make the case with a local vendor and if they can't agree to give you the
same motherboard for the next year or two then go to another local shop.

Rinse, repeat.