From: Ben Scott [mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 10:32 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Good SBS list

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 9:18 AM, David Lum <david....@nwea.org> wrote:
> I experience the same, if I post before 9am local (Pacific) it's
> pretty quick, if it's much after that, it's 50/50 I see it in the next

> 10 minutes, or six hours.

  According to The Powers That Be, the lag is due to an artificial limit
in *messages per unit of time* built-in to Lyris.  So it only happens if
a lot of people are posting.  It thus varies by time of day (more list
members are posting during US business hours, it seems) as well as the
overall traffic volume.  Thus a reduction in arguments about
beer/language/etc also helps.

-- Ben