Okay you guys...
here it is; credit card numbers changed to protect the innocent.
;)

Any advice is appreciated - I can take it. Really.
When it's done it sends the logs and newusers file to me.
Thanks all!

#Import from HR
#Create SAM, UPN
#modified 4/16/2013 - CDV

Import-module activedirectory
add-PSSnapin quest.activeroles.admanagement
$newusers = "C:\temp\scripts\newusers_ver2.csv"
$date = Get-Date

#Exchange database for new mailboxes
$userdb = "ops"

#specify path to save log file
$logpath = "C:\temp\scripts\Error.logs"

#parent container for all new users
$OU = 'ourdomain.local/organization/internal/us/greene/newusers'

#create password
$pass = ConvertTo-SecureString -asplaintext R@ym0nd!! -Force

#Set Domain Controller
Set-ADServerSettings -PreferredServer usnygrds01.ourdomain.local

#Set Domain root
$DNSROOT = '@'+"ourdomain.com"

Start-Transcript C:\temp\scripts\Epicor_Import.logs -append
$createdusers = @()
Import-Csv $newusers |foreach {
$preferredfirstname = $_.preferredfirstname
$lastnamepreferred = $_.lastnamepreferred
$SAM = $preferredfirstname.substring(0,1)+$lastnamepreferred
$UPN = $preferredfirstname +"."+$lastnamepreferred+$DNSROOT
$Displayname = $lastnamepreferred +" "+$preferredfirstname
$Email = $UPN
$testemail = get-recipient -identity $email -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
$user = Get-QADUser -SamAccountName $SAM

if($user -ne $Null) {

"

$($User.name) already exists -
*****THIS USER NEEDS TO BE MANUALLY CREATED*****
"

} Elseif ($testemail -ne $Null) {
"

$($DISPLAYNAME) Email address already exists
*****THIS MAILBOX NEEDS TO BE MANUALLY CREATED*****"

}ELSE{
"

Creating a new user account for $($DISPLAYNAME)"

$NewUser = New-qaduser -name $SAM `
-parentcontainer $OU `
-userprincipalname $UPN `
-samaccountname $SAM `
-displayname $displayname `
-mail $email `
-givenname $_.preferredfirstname`
-sn $_.lastnamepreferred `
-userPassword $pass `
-company $_.Company `
-department $_.department -title $_.businesscardtitle -telephonenumber
$_.telephone `
-city $_.city -postalcode $_.zip -state $_.state `
-streetaddress $_.street -manager $_.manager `
-oa
@{ipphone=$_.ipphone;mobile=$_.mobile;employeeid=$_.employeeid;employeenumber=$_.employeegui}
`

start-sleep -s 10

if($_.mailenabled -eq 'true') {
"Creating a mailbox for $($Newuser.name)"
$Newuser |foreach-object {enable-mailbox -identity $newuser.email -database
$userdb } `
}Else {
"User does not require Email"

}#end of mailenabled

}#end of create new user
$createdusers += $Newuser
$createdusers|select name,displayname,email|export-csv
"C:\temp\scripts\Epicor_export.csv" -notype
}

Stop-transcript