Here's a script I use. It requires grep, blat and recode.

You will have to create your BKS file (it must be Unicode).

Watch for line wrap.

rem *****************************************************************
rem *
rem * Perform fullback to whatever tape is in the drive and email
rem * report
rem *
rem * Ken Cornetet - 06/10/2002
rem *
rem * Revision History
rem *
rem * When        Who            What
rem * ---------------------------------------------------------------
rem * 06/10/2002  Ken Cornetet   Original Issue
rem * 06/24/2002  Ken Cornetet   Added RSM command per Q267574
rem *
rem *
rem * Requires external programs blat, grep, and recode
rem *
rem *****************************************************************

set [EMAIL PROTECTED]
set SMTP={Name of your SMTP relay host here}
set NAME=FULL BACKUP %DATE% %TIME%
set LOGS=%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows
NT\NTBackup\data

c:
cd \backup

rem Delete any extraneous log files
del "%LOGS%\backup*.log"

rem ************************************************************
rem * Have removable storage management look at tape in drive
rem * (See Q267574 for details)
rem ************************************************************

start /wait rsm refresh /lf"BNCHMARK DLT1 SCSI Sequential Device"
c:\bin\sleep 30

rem ************************************************************
rem * Do Backup
rem ************************************************************

start /wait ntbackup backup @c:\backup\everything.bks /M normal /J
"%NAME%" /P DLT /N "%NAME%" /l:s /HC:on /UM /D "%NAME%"

rem ************************************************************
rem * find newest (should be only) log file
rem ************************************************************

dir /s /b /o-d "%LOGS%\backup*.log" >c:\backup\backup.tmp
set /P FILE= <c:\backup\backup.tmp

rem ************************************************************
rem * Make ASCII version of log file
rem ************************************************************

c:\bin\recode -f unicode..us <"%FILE%" >log.txt

rem ************************************************************
rem * Set subject for email
rem ************************************************************

set SUBJ=Backup ran OK
grep -v "Error: You do not have permission" log.txt > log1.txt

findstr /i error: log1.txt
if not ERRORLEVEL 1 set SUBJ=Backup ran - FAILED

rem * Send email

c:\bin\blat log.txt -t %RECIPIENT% -subject "%SUBJ%" -server %SMTP% -f
%RECIPIENT%

rem * Move log file to our directory

move /Y "%FILE%" c:\backup