From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2008 8:17 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Corporate antivirus recommendation

We have Vipre running at 6 sites right now.  3 of them direct
replacements from Symantec, 1 from Trend though and 2 new installs.
Small enough to just manually remove from clients, we are going to be
rolling out to a 225 node network in about a month but I am testing the
uninstall via the .msi so I can remove and then reinstall automatically.

So far we have had very few issues.  Only main one I know of was the
missing ability to exclude specific types of known apps, like VNC or the
like.  Weird issue, could not see it from server but from workstation.
Stu could probably comment on this better.

Just in testing, we took 3 workstations of various speed/memory.  All 3
had Symantec Corporate 9 on it with latest updates.  Upon removal the
system speed was noticeably better.  After installing Vipre, the system
speed was still the same as if we installed nothing.

All machines had 1 GB of ram minimum, some were P4, one was a Pentium D,
the other a new Core2Duo.

Mgmt has been a snap, a few working issues and features that appear to
be redundant but in fact work for difference results.  Something they
are already working on cleaning up in the new version update.

All in all, support is always great.  Hold times have been good, some a
bit longer less than 30 mins, others right through.  Understandable
since it's a new product rollout.

We used ESET for new installs before this, it just takes too long to
roll out.  It's easy enough to do once you figure it out, but it's still
too long for me.  Vipre install to deploy is about 10 mins once you do
it a few times.  MSI, GP, automated push, take your pick for install
method.