We use remote assistance on a regular basis internally, but only do it as you
describe with VNC, they call us and we initiate the connection.  They have to
click one dialog button to ok the connection, and another if we need remote
control of the machine, but I consider that a benefit, we don't have the option
of "spying" on employees with our normal support tools, nor concerns from them
that we might be doing that.  Been awhile, but was all quite easy to set up
through group policy, we just drop employees who we authorize to offer remote
assistance into a security group and give them a shortcut for the command to
launch it.

Dennis