From: Len Hammond [mailto:lenhammo...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 11:09 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: OT: Our profession has been exposed

+1           When I'm quoting a machine fix for someone, I often tell them that
it is quicker/cheaper to wipe & reload than it is to fix it. When I get it to
my home office, I will usually, off the clock, try to figure it out before I
reload. The "why" question from my childhood keeps coming back into play. It
does amaze folks when you can explain the problem in detail and how to prevent
a recurrence. The user education is great, as I like not having to solve the
same thing multiple time for the same person - I'm "too lazy" for that, not to
mention that it is not cost effective for them.

Len Hammond
CSI:Hartland
lenhamm...@gmail.com<mailto:lenhamm...@gmail.com>

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 10:46 AM, David Lum