I dunno; I think that's a bit harsh considering the (non) tech-savvy level
of the average user base.

There's a lot of malware out there that's pretty sophisticated and can trap
a user that is not really doing anything wrong. Something as simple as
mis-typing a URL or hitting a google link that looks legit is enough to snag
someone.
Now, if they're surfing p*rn or warez sites or something with an inherent
risk factor, that's one thing. But if there wasn't a risk of drive-by
malware, we wouldn't have all the anti-this-or-that apps and have to spend
so much time preventing or fixing malware infestations.

Now, if it's a sysadmin that's gotten nailed, we have the right to razz them
about it... :-)

Charlie Kaiser
charl...@golden-eagle.org
Kingman, AZ