It's a very valid discussion for this list, however.

Just think about it:  McCrappy essentially facilitated a distributed denial
of service to some percentage of its customers.  And I daresay that this
percentage was larger than any virus that has inflicted those customers in
the past 18-24 months.

So, the cure was worse than the disease.

Testing and provisional deployment are vital at this stage of the game.
Most AV products don't facilitate the kind of internal QA scheduling that
you suggest, but it is something for us to consider implementing.  The
tradeoff of a slightly longer window of initial vulnerability to greatly
reduce the likelihood of a denial of service by AV vendor.

-ASB: http://XeeSM.com/AndrewBaker