*McAfee has offered to pay for the PC
repairs<http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/security/357520/mcafee-to-pay-for-pc-repairs-after-patch-fiasco>
of
consumers affected by last week's faulty antivirus update. The problematic
patch falsely identified the SVCHOST.EXE Windows file as a virus, causing
PCs running Windows XP SP3 to crash or enter endless reboot cycles. In a
blog post addressed to "Home or Home Office Consumers", the company offered
to reimburse PC repair expenses, though there was a notable caveat. "If you
have already incurred costs to repair your PC as a result of this issue,
we're committed to reimbursing reasonable expenses," the company said.
"Reasonable expenses" has yet to be formally defined
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/security/357520/mcafee-to-pay-for-pc-repairs-after-patch-fiasco
*

--
Justin