Yes and yes. Currently running at about 1500 RPM.

John-AldrichTile-Tools

From: David [mailto:blazer...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 12:33 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: mid-tower cases

Have you blown the dust out of the case, and in particular the heat sink?
Can you check on your CPU fan, either in the BIOS or with a 3rd party app,
to see if it's turning at normal speed?

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:16 AM, John Aldrich <jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com>
wrote:

My current machine at home is running *very* hot. I have to have a powerful
fan pointed almost directly at the CPU in order to keep it from overheating.
That's with a couple 80mm fans in the back! I think it's time to get a new
case that's built for temperature control. Any suggestions? I'm not
overclocking my CPU or anything, it just runs hot!

I'd prefer to keep a new case below about $50-75, max. If you have any
particular cases in mind, can you post a link to where they can be found
on-line? I prefer NewEgg, as they tend to honor their rebates. TigerDirect
will use any excuse to keep from paying rebates! L

John-AldrichTile-Tools

--
David

Are you better off than you were