From: James Rankin [mailto:kz2...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2010 2:00 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Server Core

How do people manage patching on Server Core installations? Can you just apply
the GPOs for WSUS in the same way? How do admins "log on" to install updates?
On 3 June 2010 21:02, Brian Desmond
I put ALL DCs on Server Core given the opportunity.

It also supports lots of other roles so...

Personally if I worked in an environment where I had admins who were all
sufficiently skilled I'd put every box I could on Server Core, but, I recognize
reality. Very few places I've been where this would have been doable.

Thanks,
Brian Desmond
br...@briandesmond.com<mailto:br...@briandesmond.com>

c   - 312.731.3132