Take that question to the "average" consumer and see why they choose a more
expensive Apple over a Microsoft product. Yes, normal people, outside of the
technical industry, make purchases based on the fancy images. The search
process is just that a simple query which requires no effort. So again why
not add some life to it. This change doesn't, or shouldn't, hinder your
ability to search but if this is how you get things done, then yea I can see
how this can be a "burden" on your day-to-day. Tis why you have the option
of not adding any images. So why argue against the desire to bring? Lawd
forbid they give the ability to upload a flash file or video. Some of you
would be carrying torches.
Not only is change good, it's also necessary.