I usually use the CLI for initial config, setting up an IP address, name it,
etc.  But then I turn to the java gui if I need anything else.  I'll dig
into the CLI a little to see what is possible.  I have a 10.0.0.x/24 network
that needs to have access to certain ports on a server that is on a
192.168.1.x/24 network.  Corporate Lan -> broadcast network.  Should be
easy, and should work with a simple router, BUT the application involved
apparently needs to see the IP address directly, so I'm not even sure that
port forwarding will work.  I may need to pull the machines off the
corporate LAN and stick them on the "other side", and then give them access
to the corporate LAN.