From: Raper, Jonathan - Eagle [mailto:jra...@eaglemds.com]
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 12:35 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Way OT - Anyone here had Lasik? How has it impacted your daily work
(looking at screens, keyboards, etc)

I'm considering Lasik for my left eye (my right eye is 20/12 uncorrected - I
have an astigmatism in my left eye). I've heard great stories, and I've read
about not so great experiences.

One of my co-workers had Lasik (by the same surgeon who would do my
procedure) 8 years ago and claims zero regrets and no long term ill effects.
I probably wouldn't do it, because for me it would be a luxury, but I'm
positioned to lose up to $2,600 that I have siting in a Flexible Spending
Account if it isn't used by March 31 of this year (I checked, and even
though the plan was for last 2010, my plan has a grace period that allows
for Date of Service until March 31, 2011). The surgeon I'm considering is
Karl Stonecipher, who claims having done well over 50,000 procedures.

So, any stories, good, bad, or otherwise are welcome. I'm particularly
interested in any stories for anyone who is athletically active.

Jonathan L. Raper, A+, MCSA, MCSE
Technology Coordinator
Eagle Physicians & Associates, PA
www.eaglemds.com
jra...@eaglemds.com

Any medical information contained in this electronic message is CONFIDENTIAL
and privileged. It is unlawful for unauthorized persons to view, copy,
disclose, or disseminate CONFIDENTIAL information. This electronic message
may contain information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. It
is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and/or entity named as
recipients in the message. If you are not an intended recipient of this
message, please notify the sender immediately and delete this material from
your computer. Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message, and do not
disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on the information that
it contains.