I need to have this done in my right eye before its starts doing its own thing from not really getting used. Last time I tried to wear glasses it made me VERY sick and I decided not to wear them anymore. At least with glasses I could take them off and the sickness would wear off in a few hours. I guess if I do lasic I'm going to need an eye patch the relieve my brain from the stress of seeing normally. I'm thinking it will be a rough ride.

James

On 1/26/2011 8:35 AM, Garcia-Moran, Carlos wrote:
I just got it done in December best money I've ever spent, after looking into
prices and tech, I ended up going to Canada, it was $3500 minus $400 for being
a US citizen, I got the Custom Wavefront bladeless which was the current best
surgery and I can get it done a 2nd time if needed, The place I went LasikMD
was recommended by two coworkers who had gotten it done there before. It
guarantees 20/20 and the surgery I got covers all checkup's and 2nd surgery's
if needed for life. Also I submitted to my bill for FSA reimbursement no
problem since it's an approved expense even though it's outside of the country.

I actively Kick box 3 times a week and do some swimming. You can't have direct
trauma to the eyes for 3 months, outside of some dryness on my left eye, I can
read at night with no issues.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 8:41 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Way OT - Anyone here had Lasik? How has it impacted your daily
work (looking at screens, keyboards, etc)

Not athletically active, but had mine done with assistance from my FSA account
12 years ago. My eyesight beforehand was 20/400 in one eye, and 20/425 in the
other. It cost $2k/eye. I gulped hard and did it.

Afterward, it was 20/20 both eyes.

I am so very glad I did it.

Of course, I instantly needed reading glasses, (I was over 40 at that
point) but being able to see the road signs while being driven home from the
operation brought more tears to my eyes than could be accounted for by the
operation.

I got it done on a Friday, and by Monday was good to go, and have always told
folks who ask that I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I was a "practice" patient - the surgeon who performed it was at the time the
president of the board of ophthalmology for WA STate, but was being proctored for this
procedure by someone. He is/was an amazing doctor, who performed RK on my then-wife a few
years earlier and worked a near miracle for her as well.

I say, ask a couple of ophthalmologists who don't perform this particular
procedure who they would choose if they had to get it done, and see what they
have to say.

Kurt

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 12:34, Raper, Jonathan - Eagle<jra...@eaglemds.com>