Does anyone know of a service to "convert" tape formats (i.e. LTO1 to
LTO5)??? Or perhaps convert the data to some other media, such as
DVD/Blueray/etc???

From: richardmccl...@aspca.org [mailto:richardmccl...@aspca.org]
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 9:54 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Tape backup policies

Here is something I don't recall being discussed...

LTO1 may be read by an LTO3 drive.  Our LTO3 tapes supposedly can be read by
our new LTO5 drive...

What I'm getting at is, keeping "forever" may require moth-balling machines
so they can be read if necessary....
--
richard

"David Mazzaccaro" <david.mazzacc...@hudsonmobility.com> wrote on 06/03/2011