This behaviour seems completely normal to me.

My guess is that to have this work the way you wish (which is also the
way I use it), you hace to configure your system, wether linux or
windows, to have the focus follow the mouse...

That's how I do it and it works for me.
---

"beam me up scotty"

 glouk [3]