I would prefer having one window spread over two monitors as well. But.....
On windows, the layout was never saved correctly, resulting in a slightly too
big or small window. I could never get it right. And i think there was a
problem with the start bar, that couldnt be left exposed, which i wanted.
On Linux i just had a very small second monitor for the DAG, so the resolution
was way smaller than the one with the viewer. Depending on how high or low your
mouse was, you couldnt move the mouse over to the viewer monitor, it got stuck.