Henrik,

I’ve found that having comp containers in a timeline, especially a lot of them,
like, more than 50, produces disastrous results. My workaround was to disable
the comp container track, and to create a new track above it that just contains
the rendered frames.

I have gone back and forth with Foundry support on this since the Nuke Studio
beta in 2014. It has been pretty frustrating with a lot of ‘we can’t duplicate
this on our end’ and ‘send us footage that we can test with’. Disabling
thumbnails is a decent work-around (thanks, Deke) and I think that combined
with mine, it should ease your performance issues somewhat.

-n