I think we can clearly label the document so that people will not be confused
about which specification they need to use. As long as we don't use '1.1' in
the title of the specification, we will not confuse anyone.

EHL

From: oauth@googlegroups.com [mailto:oa...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Josh
Roesslein
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2009 1:13 PM
To: oauth@googlegroups.com
Subject: [oauth] Re: Version Preference

Here's a quick count of the votes:

Option 1: 8
Option 3: 12

Eran has made some good points in another thread. In this revision we can auto
detect which from we are using, but in the future this might not be true.
So do we create different versions?

Wire version - only incremented if we can't auto detect the changes in the
updated spec (example: signature changes)
Document version - incremented with each revision to the document.  (example
1.0 Rev A, 2009.1, etc)

To me this adds some complexity and might confuse people we use two different
versions. This is why I am leaning towards making them the same
and incrementing the version. SP's can still support 1.0 wire versions just
fine so we won't be breaking anything. I would just like a consistent increment
pattern for this version. When we can auto detect we just ignore this version.
If we can't auto detect we look at this value.

Well that's my two cents on this topic.
On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 1:23 PM, J. Trent Adams
<jtrentad...@gmail.com<mailto:jtrentad...@gmail.com>> wrote:

+1 for Option 3. "Version 1.1"

--
J. Trent Adams