On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Blaine Cook <rom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any concerns with moving forward with this wording? I believe it's
> important to continue supporting desktop applications that do not have
> support for entering verification codes, and this approach allows
> service providers to signal in strong terms to a user that they should
> only approve a request to verify a desktop application if they are
> actively trying to do so.

I do agree with what you propose, but I don't think the new wording vs
the old is enough to keep working those desktop apps that "do not have
support for entering verification codes" as the revised spec says:

"In order to ensure that the User granting access is the same User
returning back to the Consumer to complete the process, the Service
Provider MUST generate a verification code: a non-guessable value
passed to the Consumer via the User and REQUIRED to complete the
process."

it seems that it doesn't allow closing the loop without the
verification code being passed from consumer to service provider.

(sorry if this sounds silly, I'm just trying to understand & help and
i don't want to start a new infinite discussion ...)

Luca