On Jun 4, 2010, at 1:35 PM, David Recordon wrote:

> #4 should happen as part of #3.

How would ALL OAuth 2.0+ clients know to pass along the format if it is there?

I fail to see the problem with specifying an optional token format parameter in
the main spec. and giving it a default value, and semantics of "opaque" for
when it isn't present (ie. the current case). That explicitly allows other
specifications to use the attribute, and is then good for future
interoperability (and also future backwards-compatibility)

- johnk