Am 04.06.2010 19:45, schrieb John Kemp:
On Jun 4, 2010, at 1:35 PM, David Recordon wrote:

#4 should happen as part of #3.
How would ALL OAuth 2.0+ clients know to pass along the format if it is there?

I fail to see the problem with specifying an optional token format parameter in the main
spec. and giving it a default value, and semantics of "opaque" for when it
isn't present (ie. the current case). That explicitly allows other specifications to use
the attribute, and is then good for future interoperability (and also future
backwards-compatibility)

there is another point: such a parameter could be used to let the authorization server indicate the format of the access token to the resource server. This will help deployments with more than one token format in use. For example, we use SAML and another proprietary format. Without such a parameter, the resource server has to somehow (magically) find out the format of the incomming token.

From my point of view, #4 should happen now independent of #3.

regards,
Torsten.
- johnk