Bukan orang ekonomi, tapi suka merhatiin ekonomi gara2 nyangkut ....

From: obrolan-bandar@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of jsx_consultant
Sent: Monday, 27 October 2008 4:12 PM
To: obrolan-bandar@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [obrolan-bandar] Dunia memang goblok...Re: How bad and how
long?iceland goes bankrupt?

Islandia bangkrut karena devisanya nol atau engga punya dollar
buat bayar import. Kalo devisa BI yg sekitar 50 miliar dollar
habis maka kita tidak bisa bayar utang luar negri karena kita
engga bisa bayar pake rupiah.

Jadi bangkrut disini adalah bangkrut dari segi valuta asing.
Tapi Amerika punya utang luar negri yang begitu gede ENGGA AKAN
pernah bangkrut karena dollar adalah mata uang negara Amerika,
tinggal nyetak doang...

Jadi untuk bayar utang, suatu negara harus mengexport barang,
menarik invetasi atau bikin pinjaman valas yg baru.

Coba kita bayangin devisa BI yg 50 miliar dollar itu senilai
ama apa ?.
- Kita ambil harga tanah dipusat kota = 10j/m2.
- 50 miliar dollar ini dapet berapa m2 ?
- 50 miliar x kurs 10.000/ 10 juta = 500.000 m2 =
atau tanah yg luasnya = 700m x 700m = 0,7km x 0,7km, tanah ini
masih lebih kecil dari luas MONAS..

Jadi devisa BI masih JAUH lebih kecil dari harga tanah Monas,
karena tanah MONAS bisa laku 50j/m2. Jadi kalo Monas dijual ama
asing kita bakal dapet devisa mungkin 200 miliar dollar. (ini
cuman buat ilustrasi doang yah, jangan diprotes)

Jadi kalo devisa BI habis, kita dinyatain bangkrut padahal
tanah RI itu ada dari Sabang ampe Meroke, itu tanahnya doang
belum isinya. Tapi gara gara bayar import dan utang harus pake
USD, maka tiap negara diseluruh dunia harus berusaha mendapatkan
USD.

Dunia memang maenan orang Amerika, udah kebawa sengsara akibat
ulah orang Amerika yg bikin krisis, masih mau nurut lagi ngumpulin
dollar... hehehe...

--- In obrolan-bandar@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:obrolan-bandar%40yahoogroups.com> , Vincent Chase
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> feeling sy bakal lama neh
> kemaren bangun tidur denger berita dr cnn,
>
> ada berita kalo iceland bakrupt. dulu mulainya dr asian financial
krisis, ini jgn sampe mo dimulai european financial crisis

> Iceland goes bankrupt Posted by: Michael Mandel on October
10 That's an amazing sentence: Iceland goes bankrupt. But
that's exactly what happened yesterday (see BW piece here. See NY
Times piece here). That's a clear sign that the global financial
crisis is entering a new and vastly more dangerous phase, where we
are paying the price of the lack of a global financial regulator and
global central bank.
> What `bankrupt' means is just that: The country cannot pay back
its external debts, and the Icelandic currency, the krona, has become
essentially valueless in the rest of the world. That means the
country can no longer pay for imports.
real estate. As Kerry Capell of BW writes:

> With the privatization of the banking sector, completed in 2000,
Iceland's banks used substantial wholesale funding to finance their
entry into the local mortgage market and acquire foreign financial
firms, mainly in Britain and Scandinavia...In just five years, the
banks went from being almost entirely domestic lenders to becoming
major international financial intermediaries. In 2000, says Richard
Portes, a professor of economics at London Business School, two-
thirds of their financing came from domestic sources and one-third
from abroad. More recently-until the crisis hit-that ratio was
reversed. But as wholesale funding markets seized up, Iceland's banks
started to collapse under a mountain of foreign debt. What's worse,
with Iceland sitting outside the major currency trading blocs, there
may be no one with the incentive or ability to save it. The country
is looking for loans from the IMF and from Russia. But the United
Kingdom is actually threatening to sue Iceland to
> get back money.
> Where does the crisis go next? Most exposed are countries with
large amounts of external debt relative to the size of their economy.
A quick calculation suggests that by this measure, the U.S. is
relatively well off, with external debt about equal to GDP. Japan's
external debt is about 40-50% of GDP, as is Canada's (these numbers
may change as I refine my calculations). Italy is at about 100%, and
Germany and France are in the 140-150% range.
> From this perspective, the U.S.-with its external debt mostly in
dollars-looks like a bastion of stability. The euro zone has some
weaknesses-Belgium and the Netherlands have uncomfortably high debt
levels, and Ireland is extremely high. But there is a political
framework in place which should allow political leaders to take
effective action if they want.
> The biggest dangers are for the UK and Switzerland. These
countries, although much bigger than Iceland, are major financial
intermediaries with big external debts. What's more, they are outside
the major currency blocs, with debt denominated in foreign
currencies. That means if their currency starts to devalue, their
debts will become more and more onerous.
> And now we are in very tricky waters, which are looking
uncomfortably like the Great Depression. The major players are the
U.S., the Eurozone, Japan, and China. The question is: Will they act
collectively, or will they engage beggar-thy neighbor policies?
> More later on this.?

> Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest |
Switch format to Traditional
> Visit Your Group | Yahoo!
Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

> Recent Activity