DarkTouch wrote:
>Even then, it isn't very exact.
>Imagine that in the SRD in addition to those spells, Mordenkainen and Bigby
are also NPCs. Both illustrious individuals as well as 'all spell names' are
considered closed content either through PI or (nonsensicly) non-inclusion
in the SRD.

Addressing this statement, I do think there is a great degree of sensibility
to non-inclusion in the SRD, and here's why...

With the SRD, I have a complete "generic" game.  I can take all of the
documents, merge them into one document, and then begin editing from the
beginning all the way to the end to create "Jimmy's [non-D&D] Role-Playing
Game", without *any* concern about WotC PI (or un-opened IP) being within
it.  I don't have to fish for PI terms, names, or expressions of setting.
It's all stripped out, nice and clean, for the beneficiaries of the OGL (all
of us) to use without concern or worry that *we* have removed the forbidden
elements.

This just fails to come across to me as nonsensical to me, but is rather a
clear example of PI vs OGC separation ("instructive", as Spike Y Jones put
it) and extremely convenient for all of us.  If anyone would deem it
nonsensical, it would be WotC accountants questioning the man-hours and
financial investment required to give it to us (which they either haven't
done or, if they did, the proponents of the OGL within WotC won the debate).

~Jimmy Domsalla
qtgg.icehex.net