In a message dated 9/5/2005 5:21:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<I write an RPG. I use the WotC OGL, and declare "The entirety of the
text of this work, save the index , table of contents, and credits, is
Open Game Content." In your opinion, are you saying that my company
trademark has just been declared OGC, because it wasn't declared PI? Or
that it is automatically PI, because it wasn't declared OGC?>>

I'm not sure where your trademarks are, and whether they are part of the text of the work.  So I have no idea how to answer this.

My opinion about this section of the license, as far as this thread is concerned, is limited to what is required of declarations for licensing compliance.  At least in this thread I'm not willing to venture a strong opinion about what happens to your IP if you fail to exercise appropriate cautions over your declaration.  I could speculate, but I don't think that's a useful contribution in the context of this particular thread which is already complicated enough.

Lee