In a message dated 9/5/2005 5:40:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<>And they've made it quite clear that they don't want to prohibit a
>magazine having some WotC OGL-using articles, and some "regular" articles.

While they might like to enable that potential, the license does not permit
it.

Ryan

Why not?  I've recently posted Title 17's definition of collected works (like magazines) and it notes that while the collected works are works, they sub-works they contain are also works unto themselves.

There is NOTHING in the license that says that you must apply the OGL to an entire collected work to cover a sub-work.  It says only that it covers "a" (singular) "work".

I respectfully disagree with your construction of the license on this subject.

That said, I think the "in conjunction with" clause would apply to the rest of the magazine even if it wasn't per se a "covered work" as a whole..

Lee