On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 22:00:29 -0400
 Doug Meerschaert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >And I'm not willing to come to that conclusion simply so that I
> can
> >say, "see there is a third type of content inside a covered work".
>
> So, rather than take the interpretation that the industry has
> adopted, you prefer one that has almost exactly the same effect?

I'm not so sure the industry has adopted the same interpretation as
Ryan says it was supposed to. There are many companies who haven't
adopted that interpretation (or if they have, then they're been
deliberately breaching the license), but I haven't taken a survey to
see which interpretation is in the majority.

Spike Y Jones